May 16, 2013 § 8 Comments
We spent the day on “the farm” this past weekend. I say, “the farm” because there’s some debate about what we should name it.
Several weeks ago we drove my parents and niece to the 18 acres we purchased in April. We walked all over and snapped some really beautiful photos and as we rested at the peak of the property overlooking another 100 acres, Mom said, “Cedar Ridge.” « Read the rest of this entry »
April 27, 2013 § 4 Comments
Wanted to share some photos of Cedar Ridge Acres (I think that’s what we’ll name it) we just bought and how we are enjoying it thus far. Every time we walk the property we find something new – a deer trail leading to the creek at the bottom of the ridge, a rake stuck in a tree when just before we arrived we said we wished we had brought a rake…a feral white cat with brown spots ducking in the tall green grass who lives in the junk pile in the woods we still need to clean out ( I managed to snap a picture, but you have to squint to see her! ).Another thorn tree. A new ant hill – there are dozens and they’re HUGE! « Read the rest of this entry »
April 24, 2013 § Leave a comment
About a year ago I took an Astronomy class to satisfy one of the science requirements for an Associates degree. I watched The Privileged Planet in hopes that it would help me with my Astronomy test. Myke and I had an interesting conversation to follow – chaos vs order. « Read the rest of this entry »
April 7, 2013 § 8 Comments
1. Buy an affordable tractor
2. Put up a metal building or pole barn
3. Consider our options for temporary housing on the land until we can build a permanent home or just go all in – get our house on the market and then start building
4. Familiarize ourselves with a book 4allseasons suggested: Encylopedia of Country Living by C Emery.
5. Start thinking about a second child
6. Rack our brains on how we can earn some income from home – me, especially « Read the rest of this entry »
April 3, 2013 § 2 Comments
The following set of pictures is evidence of changes that have occured in one human being over a period of several years…
I captured this particular evolution in mid-moment – notice the specimen in the reflection…magnificent!
March 31, 2013 § Leave a comment